Scratch card terms and conditions
1. The promoter
The “Promoter” is Superhero Series Limited, company number 10312457, whose registered office is at 122 Feering Hill, Colchester CO5 9PY
2. The promotion
2.1 Free scratch cards will be given out between 15th November 2016 and 15th February 2017 while stocks last offering a chance to win a selection of Prizes as detailed below.
2.2. The Promoter reserves the right to extend, terminate or suspend the Promotion at any time (save that all Prizes allocated to Scratch Cards already issued at the time of any suspension or termination will be honoured).
3. How to enter
3.1 The prize claimant must be a GB resident and 16 years or over. Anyone under 16 needs parental/carer’s permission to participate in Superhero Tri.
3.2 The closing date is 28 February 2017.
3.3 It is free to claim a Prize and to receive it. Prizes must be claimed by 15th March 2017.
4. The prizes
- 1000 Scratch Cards have been produced and there are 770 Prizes to be won. As the Promotion runs, chances to win will reduce as Prizes are won and Scratch Cards are subject to availability and will be allocated on a random basis.
- The Prizes are: 20 Celebrity Superhero Team places (1 place per prize claimant) and 750 Half Superhero Tri Team entries or Sprint Superhero Team entries (each team entry is for 3 participants).
5. How to claim
5.1 If you have won a Celebrity Team place please email email@example.com
5.2 If you have won a Half Superhero Tri or Sprint Superhero Tri entry please head to www.superheroseries.co.uk to sign up and enter your winning promotional code which can be found on your winning scratch card.
5.3 A valid Scratch Card shall be the only valid instrument for claiming a Prize. The Promoter shall declare a Scratch Card invalid, and accordingly shall not award a Prize if:
The winning code on the Scratch Card does not appear on the list of winning codes held by the Promoter in respect of the Promotion or is not allocated to the membership number of the Relevant Contract for the Participant claiming a Prize;
- The Scratch Card is counterfeit, or has been forged in whole or in part;
- The Scratch Card is not redeemed by the deadline specified;
- The Promoter believes that the Scratch Card has been submitted by a person ineligible to participate in the Promotion as listed in these Terms and Conditions;
- The Scratch Card is not fully legible or is mutilated, altered, unreadable, incomplete or has been tampered with in any manner; or
- The Promoter reasonably believes that the Scratch Card has not been obtained in an authorised manner.
- Participants are responsible for the safe custody of any Scratch Card.
- Participants shall be entitled to claim only the Prize for which the validated Scratch Card is eligible and not any other Prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withhold the issue of any Prize until it is entirely satisfied as to the validity of any Scratch Card and the Promoter reserves the right to call for proof of identity and capacity to claim.
- Scratch Cards submitted to the Promoter for validation will not be returned to the Participant.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prizes (or any part of the Prizes) for a Prize or Prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond reasonable control. There is no cash alternative to the Prizes (or any part of the Prizes) unless the Promoter agrees otherwise in writing. The Prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
6.1 The Promoter shall use each winner of a Prize’s personal details for the purpose of administering this Promotion and winners of Prizes also agree to allow the Promoter to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration.
6.2 The winners will take part in reasonable publicity and PR activity at the Promoter’s request.
7. Limitation of liability
7.1 There are certain things for which the Promoter does not accept any liability to you, and these are explained in the next two paragraphs. The law does not allow the Promoter to exclude or limit its liability for some things, such as death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or loss caused by a false statement where the statement is made fraudulently. The Promoter accepts full liability for these matters and all matters for which it cannot, under English Law, exclude or limit its liability. Otherwise, the exclusions of liability described in paragraph 7.2 will apply.
7.2 The Promoter will not be responsible for (and will have no liability in connection with) the following occurrences, to the extent that they occur for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control:
- Any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion;
- Any changes to Prizes or the way in which they can be used;
- Problems with the dispatch of Prizes (such as Prizes failing to reach the intended recipient);
- Any act or default of any third party supplier; and
- The loss, theft, mutilation or destruction of any Scratch Card.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failure of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your entry.
8. Intellectual property rights
8.1 The Promoter shall retain ownership of all intellectual property rights in the Scratch Cards and all other materials associated with the Promotion (whether in hard copy or electronic format).
9.1 Any decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with (including the Prize), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion (including the prize)